Monday, March 9, 2009

Dial Lock on Panasonic (OBRIA) KX-TSC10MXW phone

If you own a Panasonic (OBRIA) KX-TSC10MXW phone, there is a very likely chance you would run into a Dial Lock issue, i.e., the phone dialpad gets locked automatically prohibiting the user from making any outgoing calls. Nobody knows how it happens and majority of the users replace with a new phone just because they cannot figure out a way to fix it. Recently when I stumbled on this problem, I was fortunate to find a solution to get it unlocked. Follow these magic steps:

1) Put batteries in your phone and place the receiver on-hook.
2) Press Function and then the Down direction button until you see "Change Password".
3) Enter the digits 726276642 (usually it accepts a 4 digit number, but enter this number anyway) and press Enter. This is the Master unlock code.
4) Now enter your New password, enter 0000 and press Enter again.
5) Press Exit button (Function button is same as the Exit button)
6) Press Dial Lock and then press 0000, press Enter.

29 comments:

Butterworth@Katong said...

Thanks! works great. This is a big irritating feature on the phone

Unknown said...

hi. i used this solution. but it didn't work. how many hours or minutes i need to press down button? plz help me.

cibadakmakmurjaya said...

Thank you for the info. It saves me a lot of time and energy.

Walaa M Atef said...

You saved me big time.
Many thanks.

BABU said...

THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR HELP.
SUCCESFULL.
WASEEM IQBAL

binod said...

good idea, it works

Arun Raj said...

Thanks for the help

Nanna said...

Thank you so Much I managed to do it and it worked.... For the guy that it never worked for, where it says put in your old pass word or code that is the number 7262 ect. Try it again....

Wow I'm so thrilled..... THANK YOU SO MUCH.....Paulin.

Nanna said...

I am so thrilled it worked for me... A huge thank you to you - you also saved me time and the bother of a new phone.. Oh my goodness thank you thank you... For Mr Khuyaka he should use the numbers you said for the old password number.. Hope that helps....

Arthur said...

works great.
A Great help..

Paul said...

The Master unlock code 726276642 can easily be remembered: type PANASONIC on the keypad...
But thanks a lot for the code anyway - otherwise I had to scrap the phone...

Paul

Skysea said...

Thanks! For me, I have to add "#" at the end of the digits, i.e.:

726276642#

without the #, it cannot work. I tried several times and it works now!

Thanks all for the tip!

^_^

ThAmeR said...

Thank you very much

Ahsan Waleed said...

hi thnx for the sol.my phones lcd is broken so can anyone tell me how many times to push down for change password?

Unknown said...

Ahsan, 2 times (1st is Set Clock, 2nd is Change Password). Good luck!

Jenny John: Thanks for posting this solution!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the help

Unknown said...

You are just great
thanks

Unknown said...

thanks a lot

p12.lucky said...

thanks a lot

Suhaib Talal said...

Big thanx .. ^^

Santhu said...

Thanks a lot.
It worked.... :)

Israfil said...

Many many Thanks. Now it's working good.

SparklingBlue said...

Thanks!
We own the phone over 10 years now and it's the first time it happened.
Didn't have high hopes for unlocking it, so I was so surprised when it did!
Greets from the Greek islands!

Unknown said...

thanks it works!

Unknown said...

Thnx so much its work.

M.CHREITEH said...

THANKS, ITS WORK

Dodi said...

Big thanks.. it's worked!!!

Unknown said...

Previously, all keys, even the function key was not active. I left the phone aside for a month. I tried it few minutes ago and I use your code to unlock the key pad. Yesss it works. Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

key was not active. I left the phone aside for a month. I tried it few minutes ago and I use your code to unlock the key pad. Yesss it works. Thank you so much.